What We Believe:
- THE BIBLE: The Scriptures of the Old & New Testament are verbally inspired by God and inerrant and infallible in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority. 2 Timothy 3:16, 17; 2 Peter 1:20,21; Matthew 5:18; John 16:12,13
- THE GODHEAD:We believe in one Triune God, eternally existing in three persons–Father, Son, and Holy Spirit-co-eternal in being, co-eternal in nature, co-equal in power and glory, having the same attributes and perfections. (Deuteronomy 6:4; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
- THE PERSON AND WORK OF JESUS CHRIST: That Jesus Christ was begotten by God, conceived by the Holy Spirit and born to the virgin Mary. That the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the basis of His shed blood. In the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, His ascension into heaven and His present life there as High Priest and Advocate for us. That all who receive by faith the Lord Jesus Christ are born again by the Holy Spirit and thereby become children of God and heirs of eternal life. John 1:1,2,14; Luke 1:35; Romans 3:24; 1 Peter 2:24; Ephesians 1:7; 1 Peter 1:3-5; Acts 1:9, 10; Hebrews 7:25, Hebrews 9:24; Romans 8:34; 1 John 2:1-2
- THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST: We believe in the blessed hope, which is the personal, visible and imminent return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
- THE HOLY SPIRIT: That the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity, who convicts the world of sin, righteousness and judgment. He is the life of the believer and He empowers the preaching and teaching of the Gospel. John 16:8-11; 2 Corinthians 3:6; 1 Corinthians 12:12-14; Romans 8:9; Ephesians 5:18
- MANKIND: That mankind was created in the image of God, sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but spiritual death, which is separation from God, and that human beings are born with a sinful nature. Romans 3:23; Romans 5:12
- THE CHURCH: Of whose mission it is to preach the Scriptures to all the world, all of its endeavors being guided by multiple leaders and supported by the wise stewardship of God’s people.
- THE ORDINANCES OF THE CHURCH: Which are given by the Lord, are Baptism and the Lord’s Table (Communion). Ephesians 1:22, 23; 5:25-27; 1 Corinthians 12:12-14; 2 Corinthians 11:2;Matthew 28:19, 20; Acts 2:41, 42; Acts 18:8; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26.
What We Do:
At The City Gates Church we want to stay focused on three things:
So, what do we want to see?
- Exalting God, through our corporate worship services and daily lives
- Equipping the Saints, by helping people grow spiritually in knowledge and action
- Engaging the World, by taking our faith out of the sanctuary and applying it: in our daily lives, in the community and at work, or wherever else God leads
So, what do we want to see?
- People growing in their personal relationship with, and service to, God.
- People being raised up to serve for the first time.
- People being raised up to lead.
- People being called out by God to serve in new areas.